Thursday, September 18

Illustration #1 (Hodges) Update



Im so happy we get to choose our own assignments. For the longest time, I've wanted to do fashion illustrations for hip hop magazines such as essence and source. For my first project I did exactly that. The one that I am turning in for class on Tuesday is the top one. Just finished it and so relieved! I'm still working on the bottom one, It should be done real soon. Pardon the cheap camera, some of the colors and values are off :p



Doing two can be stressful but its good because if I get sick of one, I'll just continue painting the other. These will be printed out in color and serve as an underground painting. I cant wait to get started!

11 comments:

  1. i love your work. good stuf you have here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I love these!!!! I really enjoy the movement :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nila hows it going! These color thumbs look great, almost like final pieces! Who do you have this year? Your stuff is looking awesome keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. honestly. I think your color study is better than the final, probably because i love the beautiful modeling in the fabrics. I just figured out what one of the huge differences. The background in the final is much darker. What gave it that great appeal was the contrast of the characters on the light background. Maybe just go over the background with a light glaze or something would help. I would suggest just looking back at your study really critically and seeing what's making it pop so well. I could easily see the study as the final. Sorry to write you a book. Keep up the good work!!! :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks!! ya i definitely do go to the bible studies. there's one tonight with Ginger and Emily and it's reely kool, you should come tonight, we meet on the deck at 10pm. hope ta see ya there! laters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ps. these are really kool, i love the colors them. my fav is the top one. :)

    tootles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://www.artnouveaumagazine.com/March-April/homepage.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. weee wooo, love it Nila! Blowin' me away like always...

    ReplyDelete